When makeup has expired, the color can change and go on blotchy. Even worse than that, it can harbor all sorts of bacteria that you don’t want near your face. As a general rule of thumb, toss mascaras and eyeliners after Continue Reading →
Love the benefits of Neocutis Journee Day Cream, but want a thicker more luxurious texture? We have your answer!
Journee RICHE Bio-restorative Day Balm Broad-spectrum SPF 30 is a luxuriously moisturizing beauty balm that provides both UVA/UVB protection as well as daily anti-aging benefits. This multi-tasking daily skin cream combines PSP technology with a wild yam extract, anti-oxidants and broad spectrum sun protection in an elegant formulation to help revitalize aging skin and guard against sun damage.
Rejuvenate, hydrate, protect, nourish and revitalize skin’s appearance; all in just one product! Shop NEW Neocutis Journee RICHE Day Balm at SkinMedix now!
Protect your peepers with the gentle, 100% mineral base SkinCeuticals Physical Eye UV Defense SPF 50. The mousse-like formula goes on smoothly and doesn’t run for the best in UV protection without irritating eyes. Lightly tinted to enhance skintone when used alone or can be used to create an optimal makeup base.
2. Some areas need more sunscreen. The areas where the rims of your sunglasses hit your checks are particularly prone to sunburn because the sunglasses reflect light. So are the highest points on your face (your cheekbones and nose). Your nose is especially vulnerable and one of the most common areas for nonmelanoma skin cancers. Sunscreens also breakdown fastest on oily skin, so reapply frequently.
3. Some SPFs are harder to wash off. Water and sweat-resistant sunscreens work because they adhere to the skin. However, this can also make it trickier to wash wash off without leaving behind a residue that can ultimately clog pores and lead to breakouts. Thoroughly cleanse skin by using a gentle scrub with micro beads, like NIA24 Physical Cleansing Scrub, and a cleansing brush, like Clarisonic Mia 2 Deep Pore Detoxifying brush.
4. Your sunscreen already works well, but it could work even better. Apply an antioxidant serum first to help neutralize free radicals that get through your sunscreen before they can damage your skin. We like SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF, Exuviance Antioxidant Perfect 10 Serum, and NeoStrata Antioxidant Defense Serum—or switch to a sunscreen that contains antioxidants like Topix Replenix Antioxidant Sunscreen Moisturizer SPF 50+.
Morning: Smooth on a cream high in antioxidants and peptides, like Pro+Therapy MD Advanced Ultra Rich Day Repair. The sun is 95% of the aging process. In fact, the sun breaks down the collagen and elastin fibers in the skin of your breats, making them sag faster, so don’t forget to follow up with a sunscreen!
Night: Exfoliate with a Clarisonic brush or a mild scrub, like PCA Skin Gentle Exfoliant. Then spread on a mix that’s one part retinol cream and one part moisturizer (we like DDF Pro-Retinol Energizing Moisturizer). Before you hit the sheets, rememeber—the chest get wrinkles, too. The way sleeping on your side can encourage wrinkles on the face, it can also cause those fine lines between your breasts. Your best bet? Sleep on your back.
For greater luminosity, smoother texture and more hydrated skin appearance
Revaleskin HydraLift Complex with 1% CoffeeBerry Whole Fruit Extract is clinically proven to: boost moisture levels within the skin by 113%; help improve hydration and elasticity; and help guard against the primary contributor to premature aging, oxidative stress. Designed to attract moisture and keep it in the skin, Revaleskin HydraLift Complex is effective when used alone as a targeted hydrating anti-aging treatment but can also be used as an addition to your current skincare regimen.
- 1% CoffeeBerry Whole Fruit Extract – A naturally potent antioxidant
- Retinol – Skin revitalizer with antioxidant properties
- Tocopherol (Vitamin E) – Antioxidant with skin moisturizing properties
- Glycerin – Skin moisturizer
- Flowering Yarrow Extract – Softens skin to help it look and feel supple
- Alchemilla Vulgaris Extract – Helps reduce appearance of wrinkles
- Bearberry, Mulberry, & Pea Extracts – Skin brighteners
- Primula Veris Extract – Skin conditioner
- Shea Butter – Softens skin to help it look and feel supple
- Licorice Root Extract – Restores a healthy radiance by increasing skin’s luminosity
- Humectants – Attract water and retain skin hydration
For best results, apply evenly to clean face, neck and chest twice daily.
NATURAL DEFENSE BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 25 SUNSCREEN
For Broad Spectrum UVA and UVB SPF 25 protection
Revaleskin Natural Defense SPF 25 contains 0.1% CoffeeBerry Whole Fruit Extract – one of nature’s most potent antioxidants – in a 98.4% natural formulation, offering Broad Spectrum UVA and UVB SPF 25 protection. More than a sunscreen alone, Revaleskin Natural Defense SPF 25 it also helps to provide protection from free radicals, with hydrating and brightening benefits, and beautifully evens the complexion while concealing blemishes with a tinted, shine-free matte finish.
- 0.1% CoffeeBerry Whole Fruit Extract – A naturally potent antioxidant
- Micronized Titanium Dioxide – A broad spectrum non-chemical, sunscreen
- GlycerinSkin – Skin moisturizer
- Squalene (derived from olives) – Moisturizer and skin conditioning agent
- Sorbitan Sesquioleate (derived from corn) – Moisturizing and skin conditioning agent
- Cetyl Ricinoleate (from castor beans) – Emollient, skin conditioner and protectant
- Lecithin (phospholipid) – Moisturizing and soothing agent
- Beeswax (Cera Alba) – Emollient (softens and smoothes skin), skin conditioner
Apply using a rolling, patting motion until product blends evenly on the skin prior to sun exposure. Re-apply as needed or after swimming, towel drying, perspiring heavily or washing.
Have you tried NEW Revaleskin Hydralift Complex and Natural Defense SPF 25 yet?
When it comes to fighting the damaging effects of the sun’s UV rays, you know sunscreen is a must. But what else can you do to get the most from your sunscreen? Keep reading to learn how to make your sunscreen even more effective.
1. Use an ounce (picture a full shot glass) to cover your entire body at least 30 min before sun exposure.
2. Reapply every two hours and after swimming. Our SPF sample sizes are great on the go! Throw a couple in your pocket to reapply while on a run or walk on the beach.
3. Don’t be deceived by clouds—or cold weather. Clouds only filter 20 percent of the sun’s UV rays which means that 80 percent are still penetrating the skin. No matter what is looks like outside, you have to protect your skin properly.
4. Set your sunscreen with mineral makeup or powder spf, like iS Clinical SPF 20 Powder Sunscreen. Think of it like an insurance policy against skin damage!
Did you know just one serious sunburn can increase your skin cancer risk by as much as 50 percent? Prevention starts now! Shop the full list of sun protection products available at SkinMedix here.
Pretty? No. But this is what skin cancer looks like, and these pictures could help you spot it. The earlier you can catch skin cancer, the easier it is to cure. Compare your moles to these images, and see a doctor if you find anything suspicious.
A small brown spot that’s symmetrical and all one shade an that hasn’t changes over the years is probably nothing to worry about.
A.k.a. an “atypical mole.” This tends to be dark with irregular borders. It could become cancerous so your derm will remove it or keep a close eye on it.
This potentially cancerous spot usually occurs on sun-exposed areas (scalp, lips, hands) and tends to look like a raised, rough, or scaly patch.
The most common type of skin cancer, BCC forms deep in the skin and looks like a raised pink growth or sore that won’t heal.
Look for a reddish patch or wartlike bump that may crust or bleed. Get it checked out pronto—left untreated, it may spread.
The most deadly of skin cancers, melanomas may look geometrical in form and be smooth or raised. These cancers may also have irregular borders. They can be black, brown, gray, white or even red.
Plus, watch for the ABCDEUs. Use this guide to help determine if a mole could be dangerous. See a dermatologist if your spot has any of these characteristics.
A = Asymmetry – One half is s noticeably different shape than the other.
B = Border – The edges are uneven—maybe even scalloped or notched.
C = Color – The mole has multiple shades of brown, black, or red.
D = Diameter – Melanomas are usually big, about the size of a penicel eraser.
E = Evolving – This is any mole that has changed in color, size, or shape—whether that’s over the last month or the past decade.
U = Ugly Ducking – If any of your moles does not look like the other, get them checked.
Did you know just one serious sunburn can increase your skin cancer risk by as much as 50 percent? Monitor your skin for suspicious spots and moles and visit a dermatologist if you notice any changes in your skin. In the mean time, shop our full list of sun protection products here!
Happy Birthday, Reese Witherspoon! Our favorite Southern Belle starlet turns 37 today and she has been glowing as bright as the spotlight does on an A-list celebrity. The Legally Blonde star is modest enough to give credit for her gorgeous baby skin to great genes, but we all know that there is more to looking good! So, just how does she maintain her fresh, young look through all that work? According to Reese, it all comes down to sun protection. Reese wears a sun hat anytime she is out in the sun or on the beach an never leaves home without Continue Reading →
PRIORI® CoffeeBerry® Perfecting Foundations SPF 25 are 100% Natural, and the first and only skin caring mineral line that contains CoffeeBerry® extract, nature’s most potent anti-aging botanical, to fight free radicals and the causes of skin aging. CoffeeBerry® extract, the anti-aging and skin lightening agent that will keep your skin looking younger every day you wear them. It is the ultimate perfecting mineral line that protects against both dangerous free radicals and the sun’s harmful UVA and UVB rays. CoffeeBerry® Perfecting Minerals care for your skin around the clock.
The CoffeeBerry® Perfecting Foundations SPF 25 are very versatile and can be applied lightly for a natural sheer cover, or layered for full coverage that looks naturally flawless. The unique properties of the minerals, with their concealing coverage, are ideal for skin conditions such as acne, rosacea, hyper-pigmentation, broken capillaries, freckles, sun damage, blemishes, scars, birthmarks, varicose veins and dark circles. The foundations instantly perfect your skin’s appearance, and within two weeks, clincals results show a reduction in skin redness, dryness and overall improvement in the appearance of the skin. The Perfecting Foundations care for and improve your skin’s appearance long term.
The ingredients are so pure that they can also cover and reduce redness after the treatments such as chemical peels and laser resurfacing. The foundations feels lightweight and incredibly comfortable as if you weren’t wearing any foundation at all! This fresh and natural look is very flattering because of the special light diffusing minerals that reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles for a smoother, more perfected complexion!
How do I use my PRIORI® CoffeeBerry® Perfecting Minerals?
1. Start by making 1-2 pin holes in the plastic sticker on the sifter.
NOTE: For all of the Perfecting Minerals, DO NOT REMOVE the plastic sticker – or you’ll end up with something like this…
2. Place a small amount of CoffeeBerry Perfecting Minerals into the lid of the jar. Gently circle a kabuki brush around the lid, collecting the minerals on to the bristles.
3.When all the minerals are collected, remove any excess from the outside of the brush back into the lid by gently tapping the brush handle on the side of the lid.
|4. Buff the minerals into the skin by circling across the the forehead and outer edge of the face, using a swirling motion. Apply across the cheeks and nose until the minerals blend with the skin. Apply in very light layers until desired coverage is achieved. The general rule is, less is more.|
Which Perfecting Foundation color is best for me?
The minerals have an amazing ability to blend with all skin tones, so select the shade closest to your skin color, and you can be confident that you will find your perfect match.
|1||Fair, light celtic skin tones, slight yellow base/undertone|
|2||Light to medium skin with yellow base/undertone, slight redness complexion|
|3||Medium skin tone, that tans easily with yellow or pink base/undertone|
|4||Warm, darker golden skin with pink to red base/undertone|
|5||Medium, neutral and golden skin that tans easily, with yellow to warm base.undertone|
|6||Deep, darker skin tones. Pink to neutral base/undertone|
For the “perfect” compliment to your complexion, pair your Perfecting Foundation with Priori’s Perfecting Concealer SPF 25, Coffeeberry Sun Kissed enhancer, and Coffeeberry Finishing Touch. Use with Priori’s eco-friendly, cruelty-free brushes for a flawless application! Don’t forget the PRIORI CoffeeBerry Minerals Travel Bag to tote your favorite Perfecting Minerals and brushes!
I don’t know about you, but I am thrilled about this new trend of adding skin care ingredients to makeup! Have you tried PRIORI® CoffeeBerry® Perfecting Foundations SPF 25?
Talk soon! XO