Look your radiant best with these head-to-toe tips collected from the past 75 years of beauty issues!
- Don’t touch your face unnecessarily. Breakouts can be caused by your own fingers.
- Apply cream or cleanser by lightly pressing upward—never down. The delicate skin sags easily enough in time.
- For the best color match, test foundation and powder either on your face or neck (the inside of your wrist is too pale).
- Use a concealer that is slightly lighter than your skintone, to cover up redness or blemishes.
- The best time to apply lotion is right after a shower or bath, when skin is still damp – We recommend SkinMedica TNS Body Lotion for silky, smooth skin.
- When drawing a bath, scatter bubbles or crystals directly under the faucet before turning on the water, but drop in perfume oil while the tub is filling.
- Beautiful skin starts from within. Include lots of vegetables, fruit and water in your diet.
- Overdo it with your perfume? Dab rubbing alcohol with a cotton ball on your skin. The alcohol will cut the scent without altering it.
- Treat your eye area gently. This is the most delicate part of your face. Cleanse with care; blot, never rub.
- Reduce puffy eyes by splashing with cold water or applying a cold compress (ice cubes in a washcloth): 15 seconds on, 15 seconds off.
- When you put on mascara, don’t lower your chin—that’s how mascara gets on your lid.
- Get eyeshadow to stay in place by priming lids with moisturizer and foundation – We recommend Murad Skin Perfecting Primer Dewy Finish
- Always use your ring finger to apply moisturizer or concealer to the eye area. It puts the least amount of pressure on the skin.
- Get lips soft and smooth by using a damp, warm washcloth at night to rub off the flaky dry bits; follow with a coat of lip conditioner – We recommend PCA Skin Peptide Lip Therapy.
- Ease the evening switch to a redder or darker lipstick by applying it over and blending it into your daytime color.
- To make lipstick last longer, allow it to set for a few minutes after applying, blot lips with tissue and dust them with powder, then apply another coat.
- Cheeks feeling flushed? Put on a bold color lipstick; a neutral shade will only make red cheeks stand out.
- Shape nails with an emery board, filing sides toward center—never straight across—and rounding off edges
- What works for your face works for your hands. Remove age spots with facial brightening cream – We recommend PCA Skin Brightening Therapy with TrueTone.
- The fast way to remove nail polish: Hold cotton saturated with polish remover firmly on your nail for a few seconds to let it start working, then wipe nail clean.
- Apply polish starting at the pinky, working toward the thumb to avoid dragging your hand across wet nails.
- To counteract dryness, massage feet with a lanolin-based lotion, kneading it deeply into your instep, then massage soles, heels, top surface and around nails – We recommend Murad Soothing Skin, Lip, and Cuticle Care Salon Size.
- Before using a pumice stone or foot file to remove a callus, be sure to soak your foot in warm water for at least 5 minutes.
- To prevent ingrown nails, trim toenails straight across, not down into the corners.
- Relieve swollen feet by soaking them alternately in hot water (for 3 minutes), then cold water (for 1 minute), for a total of 15 minutes.
Find which tips are best suited for your skin, and with the help of your skin care professional, establish a skin care regimen. Then visit SkinMedix.com for the world’s leading cosmeceuticals at amazing prices!