1. Cleanse: If fine lines and wrinkles are your concern, start with a mild cleanser that also replenishes moisture with ingredients like glycerin, aloe, or panthenol. These plump up skin so the surface looks and feels smoother.
2. Exfoliate: Removing dead cells allows skin to absorb anti-aging ingredients and moisturizers more effectively. Try using pads soaked with an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) like glycolic acid to exfoliate and prompt collagen production.
- Glycolix Elite Treatment Pads 15 Percent
- Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Glow Pad
- Neostrata Skin Active Perfecting Peel
3. Treat: Apply a rentinol every other night for anti-aging benefits. You can alternate between the AHA and retinol, but don’t use them both on the same night or you risk inflammation that can trigger more wrinkling.
- SkinMedica Tri Retinol Complex
- PCA Skin Retinol Renewal pHaze 26
- Neova Matrix Active Retinol
4. Hydrate: Us moisturizes with collagen boosting peptides or antioxidants like green tea and vitamin C that prevent and repair damage to collagen and elastin, the “scaffolding” that keeps your skin plump, firm, and smooth.
- Revision Vitamin C 30% Lotion
- Topix Replenix Power of Three Cream
- Revaleskin Intense Recovery Treatment
5. Protect: Always add a broad-spectrum sunscreen in the morning for protection against the sun’s damaging rays.
- Revision Intellishade Tinted Moisturizer SPF 45 Original
- Elta MD UV Daily Broad-Spectrum SPF 40
- Glytone Sunscreen Lotion SPF 40