Size: 3 oz. / 85 g
EltaMD UV Active Broad-Spectrum SPF 50+ is a physical (no chemical sunscreen filters) sunscreen specially formulated for active lifestyles. It is also great for daily use for both adults and children. It is a water-resistant (80 minutes) sunscreen that will not rinse off in water or drip into the eyes and sting. EltaMD UV Active delivers broad-spectrum protection against UVA (aging) and UVB (burning) rays and contains antioxidants. It offers high-energy visible (HEV) light protection.
EltaMD UV Active is fragrance-free, oil-free, paraben-free,sensitivity-free
and noncomedogenic. It is safe for all skin types.
- 19.0% transparent zinc oxide
- Antioxidant protection combats skin-aging free radicals associated with ultraviolet (UV) and infrared radiation (IR).
- Chemical-free active ingredients
- Active lifestyle, will not rinse off in water or drip into eyes
- Water-resistant (80 minutes)
- UVA/UVB sun protection
- Fragrance-free, oil-free, paraben-free, sensitivity-free and noncomedogenic
Active Ingredients: 19.0% Zinc oxide, 4.0% Titanium dioxide
Zinc oxide: Natural mineral compound that works as a sunscreen agent by reflecting and scattering UVA and UVB rays
Titanium dioxide: Natural mineral that works as a sunscreen agent by reflecting and scattering UV radiation
Polygonum Aviculare Extract (Knotgrass extract): A botanical extract rich in flavonoids that fights the signs of aging by enhancing skin firmness and elasticity and reducing the appearance of wrinkles
Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters and Jojoba Esters: Improves water-resistance, extends resident time of ingredients on skin, extends skin hydration, improves barrier function and reduces the appearance of redness of the skin
Inactive Ingredients: Water/Aqua, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Ethyl Macadamiate, Glycerin, Sorbitan Olivate, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, C15-19 Alkane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica, Glyceryl Behanate, Hydroxyacetophenone, Polyglyceryl-2 Isostearate, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Disteardimonium Hectorite, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydrolized Jojoba Esters, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone, Sclerotium Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Lecithin, Pullulan, Jojoba Esters, Polygonum Aviculare Extract, Tocopherol, Malic Acid
Uses: EltaMD UV Active Broad-Spectrum SPF 50+ helps prevent sunburn and, if used as directed with other sun protection measures (see Directions), decreases the risk of skin cancer and early skin aging caused by the sun.
- apply liberally 15 minutes before sun exposure
- after 80 minutes of swimming or sweating
- immediately after towel drying
- at least every 2 hours
- Sun Protection Measures. Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. To decrease this risk, regularly use a sunscreen with a broad-spectrum SPF of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures including:
- limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- wear long-sleeve shirts, pants, hats, and sunglasses
- before use on children under 6 months: Ask a physician