For most of us, the day begins with a flurry of activity that starts long before we make it to the office, to school, or wherever our day takes us. No matter how pressed for time we are, great skin care shouldn’t be something that’s neglected, even when each minute counts. Believe it or not, even if you have less than five minutes, beautiful skin is completely possible by following these simple steps.
Have all your skin-care items close by in a neat tray, including cotton pads and Q-tips. Just in case, leave a lip balm, like Dermalogica Renewal Lip Complex, and a heel exfoliant/balm, like Glytone Ultra Heel and Elbow Cream, on your bedside table so you can apply them before you fall asleep.
Know Your Routine
Even though the clock is ticking, it doesn’t mean you should skip taking care of every part of yourself. Knowing exactly what you should do and why you should do it will help with the flow of your skin-care steps.
Multi-Tasking Products Save Time
- Use a moisturizer during the day that contains sunscreen so you don’t have to use a separate product. Try Revision Intellishade Tinted Moisturizer SPF 45. You can also use the same moisturizer you use at night if your foundation and pressed powder contain sunscreen. We recommend Jane Iredale PurePressed Base. This 4-in-1 concealer, powder, foundation and sunscreen that diminishes the look of pores and fine lines to give skin a healthy, flawless-looking finish in seconds!
- A beautifully-formulated lip balm can also be used on elbows and heels.
- Use a gentle water soluble cleanser, like Obagi Nu-Derm Gentle Cleanser. Pair it with a well-formulated toner, like Obagi Nu-Derm Toner, that can remove last traces of makeup on your face, while giving your skin much-needed antioxidants and barrier repair ingredients.
- If your face moisturizer is brilliantly formulated it can be the best “eye cream” you can use. We recommend Neocutis Bio Cream Bio Restorative Skin Cream because it is formulated with the same PSP and Human Growth Factors as their very popular Lumiere Bio Restorative Eye Cream.
- The exact same exfoliant for your face can be applied on your elbows and chest to make those areas look smooth and younger. Try SkinCeuticals Micro Exfoliating Scrub. This mild exfoliating gel (safe for face and body) combines natural microbeads with gentle cleansing and hydrating agents to thoroughly cleanse pores and promote healthy cell renewal without damaging or drying skin.
Don’t Wipe Off Your Makeup
Using a water soluble cleanser first all over your face with a gentle wash cloth should get off all your makeup. Any leftover makeup can quickly be removed with a small amount of makeup remover. We love Jane Iredale Dot the I Makeup Removal Swabs. Aside from saving time, these pre-measured makeup remover swabs to not pull at your skin. Pulling and wiping at your skin tears your skin’s elastin fibers and can cause sagging. Think about women who wear heavy earrings and how their ear lobes become distended. That’s from the constant weight stretching out the skin’s elasticity.
Only Do the Essentials
Depending on your skin type, the products you need will vary. While you don’t want to skip the essential products, facial masks are optional (and time-consuming) and aren’t necessary to take great daily care of your skin.
Of Course, Products Do Matter!
Whatever brand you choose to build your routine around, the key to seeing results is making sure the products you use are brilliantly formulated without irritating ingredients and are the right texture for your skin type.
Click here to view the extensive list of medical grade skin care lines available at SkinMedix.com. We feature only the most sought-after, popular, and effective cosmeceuticals on the market today. Join the hundreds of thousands of people who have discovered the value and convenience of SkinMedix.com today!