1. Masks are powerfully concentrated. Masks are able to contain these higher levels of key ingredients because chemists do not have to be concerned with how blendable a product is that is rinsed off after a few minutes – or thrown away, if you use a sheet mask. Sheet masks, like SkinCeuticals Biocellulose Restorative Masque, are single-use masks that are individually sealed. These masks have extra muscle because they are sealed and protected from the air, which oxidizes and weakens many of the key ingredients.
2. Masks enhance the products in your regimen. You can achieve quicker and even better results, if you choose a mask with treatment ingredients that work together with the products you already use. For example, if you treat your acne with a salicylic acid cleanser in the morning and spot treat with a benzoyl peroxide at night, adding a sulfur based mask, like Dr. Dennis Gross Clarifying Colloidal Sulfur Mask or Peter Thomas Roth Sulfur Cooling Masque, will get you clearer skin, faster. Each ingredient tackles acne in a unique way, and combined they work magic.
3. Masks help your products absorb better and penetrate deeper. Using a mask that exfoliates and moisturizes will help keep your skin at peek hydration. This allows for anti-aging super stars like acids and retinoids to absorb better. Better yet, you’ll be able to use these ingredients more regularly because your skin will be able to tolerate them with less irritation. Keep important peptides and growth factors from evaporating by using a sheet mask over facial oils and serums. We recommend Wilma Schumann Collagen Hydra-Gel Masque.
4. Masks can be problem solvers, and bring balance back to your skin. We all experience those occasional periods when our skin goes haywire, especially during seasonal changes. Masks can be like a reset button for your skin. If your oil-glands suddenly kick up production, a calming clay mask, like SkinCeuticals Clarifying Clay Masque, will dry out excess oil and give any breakouts a chance to heal. Revive dry, tired skin with a hydrating sheet mask, like Wilma Schumann Collagen Deep Sea Soil Hydra-Gel Masque. Quickly calm red, irritated skin with a cooling gel mask, like Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Masque.
5. Masks can help you to relax and distress. Relaxing with a mask for just ten minutes can lower blood pressure and cortisol levels. Include some deep breathing to increase relaxation and trigger the release of healing and anti-aging beta endorphines.